One of the challenges of being a student is eating well, and unfortunately beer doesn’t constitute a suitable diet on its own.
But eating well can be expensive. Those activated almonds and spiced quinoa balls are costing me a fortune.
But this all changed on the 1st March 2018 when OASIS and FUSA launched the Flinders Community Market.
What is it?
It’s a community market, where you can access free and low cost food.
The Community Market is back in Oasis every Thursday during semester in 2021 from 11-2 to bring you FREE fruit and vegetables available along with LOW COST pantry items
Here’s what you need to know:
- To attend one of the sessions each week, please purchase a ticket at Eventbrite for each week you want to attend. You need to book for a session for every week you would like to attend
- You need to choose ONE 15-minute ‘ticket’ during the day. Each slot is limited to 15 people.
- Please print the ticket and bring with you or bring it on your phone, for scanning upon entrance to the Market.
- Please enter via side entrance.
- Everyone is to keep 1.5m distance at all times and use hand sanitiser upon entry and exit of the Common Room
- Bring a bag! (or two) 🙂
Where is it?
The OASIS Common Room – OASIS is located at J7 on the campus map – walk from the library through the laneway to the building opposite car park 5.
We plan on running the market every week during semester 2 and will open up the bookings every three weeks as we may modify the times/sessions depending on demand.
Book your Summer Break ticket here.
Please also join the Facebook Event page here.
See you soon!
Why a market?
Good nutrition is central to performing at your best. The market is there to help you get good quality food at really good prices.
Also, markets create a wonderful sense of community and provide an avenue through which individuals or groups can share/sell their creations.