Some news that is relevant for anyone that accesses Health, Counselling or Disability Services
Some location changes for the Health, Counselling and Disability Service
From Monday 25 November 2019 to mid-February 2020 some of our services will be relocated while we while we replace the lift in the Student Centre. During this time the lift will be unavailable and access to levels 1 and 3 will be via the stairs.
While this work occurs, please access the following services in the Union building basement rooms B10 – B10 D. These rooms can be found opposite the Student Centre.
- The temporary reception area for Health, Counselling and Disability Service
- An emergency treatment room
- A GP and a counsellor for people who aren’t able to use the stairs in the Student Centre
- Our Disability Service. This service will remain permanently in this location.
Please make sure you visit the temporary reception in the Union basement prior to all appointments. Once assessed you’ll either be:
- Treated in one of the temporary consulting rooms in the Union basement, or
- Redirected to the Student Centre’s regular consulting rooms on Level 3 of the Student Centre via the stairs.
The online appointments booking system will not be available at this time. Please make your appointments by calling 8201 2118 or by visiting the reception desk located in the Union Basement from 8.45am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Note, there are no changes to the out of hours crisis support number:
- Call 1300 512 409 or text 0488 884 103, weekdays 5pm – 9am, weekends and public holidays – 24 hours
There may be some temporary pedestrian diversions while the work occurs – please follow all directional signage in place. If you are like me, sometimes you are tempted to jump the flags and sneak through, but I really don’t think this is a good idea. You may end up injuring yourself and then really needing the Health Service!
In mid-February 2020, once the lift has been replaced, Health and Counselling services will move back to Level 3 of the Student Centre. Disability Services will however remain permanently in the Union building basement in rooms B10 – B10 D. Please call 8201 2118 if you have any queries.
Permanent change of location for Disability Service
From Monday 25 November, our Disability Service will permanently relocate to the Union building basement in rooms B10 – B10 D (campus map reference J10).
The Union building is located opposite and to the east of the Student Services building. Our opening hours and contact details will remain the same:
Open: 8:45am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Phone: 8201 2118