The Wellbeing Ambassador Program has existed since 2018, with 50+ students being trained and contributing to mental health initiatives and events at Flinders during this time. You may have seen some of them present at events like RUOK? Day – see the 2019 Ambassadors below!
The Wellbeing Ambassador Program is for students at Flinders University interested in contributing to student wellbeing. Ambassadors will be provided with free training, engage with students during wellbeing events, and contribute to numerous wellbeing initiatives. The program is linked with the Horizon Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the program open in January each year, requiring an application form to be completed. Applications for 2022 are closed.
From these applications a select few are required to complete a group interview and then the final students chosen as Ambassadors for the year.
WHAT THE ROLE INVOLVES
- Championing mental health and wellbeing events such as RUOK? Day and Uni Mental Health Week.
- Co-developing and promoting mental health campaigns like Good Vibes.
- Developing and delivering social media content via Oasis Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Providing consultation to Health, Counselling and Disability Service to support responsiveness to student needs.
- Supporting student wellbeing initiatives and developing your own initiatives.
- Attending free training.
- Contributing to regular Wellbeing Ambassador meetings.
Wellbeing Ambassadors are required to complete 4 compulsory wellbeing trainings, and have opportunity to complete other training such as Mental Health First Aid, Accidental Counsellor and SafeTalk. All have Horizon Points attached and free food. Delish!
In addition there will be regular meetings, as well as events to contribute to throughout the year. Many of these are shaped by your ideas, and others are simply you engaging with students and encouraging them to access support services.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah on the details below.
Sarah Harding – Community Development Officer
If you have any questions about the program contact email@example.com