On behalf of the team at OASIS, I just want to wish all students and staff of Flinders University a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.
OASIS will be closed from 5pm Friday the 20.12.19 and will reopen on the morning of Friday the 10.1.20 and be ready for Friday Prayer.
Some more details can be found on the OASIS Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/oasisatflinders/
I’ve had an amazing year here with the team at OASIS and have watched with great delight as the team builds a truly unique community wellbeing centre in the university:
- Ali and the Ambassadors have made sure all the wellbeing events during the year (e.g. RUOK day) have run smoothly.
- Hannah joined the team and has got the Global Communicators Program up and running. Stay tuned for its re-imagining in 2020.
- The Chaplains have made sure that OASIS is a truly welcoming place with programs like A Common Table, Morning Tea @ Sturt, Meditation, and Global Connections/Conversations. All of these programs will be returning in 2020.
- The Flinders Market has been a roaring success with thousands of kilograms of free and low cost food being distributed to students in need.
- Counsellor Maureen’s Mindful Yoga program has seen increased numbers and regular attendees, testament to the relaxing, rejuvenating nature of Maureen’s yoga program.
- Bec, Maureen and Vanessa have increased the number of Mindfulness for Academic Success and safeTALK programs this year, all of which have had excellent attendance.
- Ben and Chris, our trusty leaders, have kept momentum and motivation high, despite changes and challenges.
I’d also like to single out Maureen, one of our volunteers, who has been with us for years who had her final year at OASIS this year. It was her actions that kept the OASIS community centre ticking along and she was instrumental in developing and running the Global Connections/Conversations programs. She will be missed very much.
My hope is that everyone, regardless of how you spend this time of year, can find something or someone to be grateful for.
I look forward to hopping back in the driver’s seat of this blog very soon and making 2020 an even better year.